Friday, February 26, 2010

LICArmoryFest

These two pieces from my Fables series have been selected for LICArmoryFest, Long Island City centered art events dovetailing with Armory Arts Week, March 3 – 7, 2010. My work can be viewed at Space Realty, 29–09 39th Avenue, Long Island City. There is a reception for this exhibit on Thursday, March 4th from 6 to 8 p.m. Space Realty is a short walk from the 39th Avenue stop on the N or W train (the second stop in Queens from Lexington Avenue and 59th Street). This show will be up until May 25th and can be seen Monday through Friday from 9 to 5.


This location is quite near my studio so if you want to stop over for wine or tea, let me know and you can see my other recent work.


These monotypes were made on my etching press using bits of weeds growing outside my Long Island City studio. As I added additional color and bits of collage, the images came alive and began to tell a kind of story or fable, each one with its own mood and mystery.


Fable of the Five Birds

2009 monotype with collage

framed size 16 x 20 inches


Fable of the Snare

2009 monotype with collage

framed size 16 x 20 inches


No comments: