Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Open Studio

Sunday September 27th
2 to 5 P.M.

27-15 41st Avenue
Long Island City, NY

paintergreen.dianne@gmail.com

I look forward to welcoming you at my studio on Sunday. Please email me for directions.

One of the pieces I will have up in my studio is this small piece called Rising Blue that is part of a series called Rising that I completed this past year. To make the monotype that is the ground for this image I used some maple seed “wings” that usually fall to the ground. But here I wanted to activate them, to make them move along with the blue in the “sky” and actually float into the atmosphere. The autumn of the year often makes one think of falling: the falling light at the end of the day, the falling leaves. For me however the autumn also means a gentle rising of the spirit, the soft floating up of wood smoke from burning leaves.

No comments: