Monday, March 9, 2009

On the Edge/Twitter is one of a new series I’ve been working on based on a series of monotypes made using a few small twigs with leaves on them. This piece will be featured in a show this June in Greenport on the North Fork of Long Island. The title of the show is also “On the Edge” and is a benefit exhibition for the Cornell Long Island Horticultural Research and Extension Center focusing on coastal and barrier plants and the life they support.
Although the “plants” in this image came from the gritty streets in Long Island City, I’m pleased that they can stand in for the endangered eco-system on our coastline. As a part time resident of the North Fork for many years, this beautiful part of the world is always part of my imagination and art practice.
On the Edge
May 23rd – June 29, 2009
The Sirens’ Song Gallery
516 Main Street/Greenport NY 11944


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dianne - Thanks for cluing me in to your new blog and intriguing work. Congratulations on contributing to the show. I can only see a small version of your print on my minicomputer, but will look at it on a larger screen later.
Tessa